MANILA

In entering the Philippines for the first time, excitement rushed my veins as I breached the humid walls of Manila. Alongside Joshua, warrior for my freedom and travel partner during my first few days, I prepare my soul to conquer yet another new adventure....







Monday, August 2, 2010

Back to the Streets of Manila

Manila traffic is like when you kick an ant hill and the ants swarm to the point you can no longer see your foot, you only see black moving spots! It takes you two hours by taxi to get anywhere! Most people my age actually have never driven before because it is just too unsafe. On my crazy taxi ride here are the things I saw:

1) A man holding (like a baby) a live chicken that had a leash on...
2) A Philippino pulled beside me on his scooter booming Journey's, Don't Stop Believing...
3) A beautiful ma’am-sir...

What a fun trip!

I also visited the SM Super Market in the Mega Mall...

1) Isles of ceiling to floor ramen in bags and styro cups...
2) Isles of potato chips flavored with shrimp, lobster, and teriyaki chicken...
3) When I asked the employee for Coconut Water, she took me to the lady in the produce isle who murdered a coconut and funneled the water into a water bottle...
4) TWO isles of dried milk, Ovaltine and protein powders...

I walked home with coconut water, weird looking oatmeal, and Cebu Dried Mangos (mmm!)...

Just thought I would share these little facts with you!

1 comment: